The assistive technology service at EMSB has iPads for teachers and students to trial. The purpose of the trial is to assess whether the assistive app is the right match for the student.
iPad Lending Library Guidelines
- Teachers can make a request to trial an iPad at their school for a specific student with support from the assistive technology consultant.
- One of the board’s AT consultants will follow up with you to let you know when the next iPad will be available.
- The iPad will be brought to your school by one of the AT consultants.
- If you requested training, the AT consultant will schedule to meet with the student or teacher to give them an introduction and overview of the apps available.
- The student can borrow the iPad for a duration of up to 3 weeks.
- After the 3 weeks are over, it is the responsibility of the individual who initially requested the iPad to notify the AT consultant for pickup of the device.
What apps can you explore?
Please see our list of apps that are on our lending library iPads here.